Friday, October 10, 2008

Nope, not the right time

I guess the title says it all. We were not chosen to be the adoptive family for the little 5 yr old boy. As much as I wasn't sure about this being the right thing I was pretty disappointed when I got the call. Oh well, right? What else can I say...I guess it will happen when it's meant to happen, hopefully.

Brayden asked again tonight when his sister is coming. Well, soon I hope. Then he asks me, "Did you ask Heavenly Father if she can come now?" I tell him, "Of course" and he wonders, "What is taking so long? Can she hurry?"

Oh, my dear boy, I wish she would hurry too. We'll keep asking!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh well. While I'm sorry you had to be disappointed, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a girl!

Laurel said...

I agree with Amy... I am so sorry about the disappointment. That has got to be so hard. I remember watching Natalie and Al going through this while we lived in UT too. I will keep praying for you guys! Love you!

Kellie O. said...

What a cutie Brayden is. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

It is nice to be able to get updates on what you all are doing! You guys are in our thoughts and prayers throughout this process--regardless of the outcomes. Know that we are thinking of all of you every single day!

Love, Jennifer, Steve, Davis & Evan

Sawyers Family said...

I'm sorry to hear about your not getting that boy...but maybe there is a girl just waiting to be part of your family! And, trust, me I prayed for Brittany, so I know prayers for little sisters do get answered!