Saturday, June 11, 2011
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Some if his recent milestones:
- He is awake more hours during the day (Yay!!)
- He loves to watch everything going on.
- He has finally grown out of his newborn clothes and is now into 0-3mo outfits. BUT, most of these are still a little big.
- He hates to be naked. He cries during diaper changes and baths or anytime when his clothes have to be removed.
- He is a mover already! When we put him on his little floor mat toy he scoots around it and usually ends up on the opposite end or off the mat completely.
- He only has 2 volumes - either silent or screaming and he goes from one to the other in 0.2 seconds.
- He has decided that he has no use for a binkie but he loves to suck on his arm.
- He tracks things when you put it in front of him. But, if you are bugging him then he will swat you away. Sometimes he even grabs for whatever is in front if him.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Here are a few fun things about Davin:
- He is so mellow and sweet!! He hardly ever cries!
- He is super smart (I may be a little biased, but you wait and see!!). By day 2 he learned how to hold his binkie in his mouth with his hand and can even put it back in if it falls out. He is also trying to hold his own bottle - so cute!
- He has great head control and tries really hard to sit up. It looks like he is doing mini crunches.
- He LOVES to sleep! Definitely my boy!
- He is wide awake every morning from 1-4 am.
- He LOVES music and sometimes when we sing to him he will sing along - ok, he just makes noise, but I like to think he is singing. :-) On the rare occasion that he is upset over something, he can be easily calmed with a quick song.
- He doesn't tolerate milk (sad) so we had to switch him to soy and he is a much happier baby.
- Davin loves to listen to stories and will stare intently at the person talking to him (if you can catch him awake!!)
- He loves his brothers and is the happiest when they are around. They get more smiles than any of us. His brothers just adore him too!
- He is super ticklish everywhere! His whole body spasms if you touch his back, head, face, stomach, ears, or feet and sometimes it sounds like he giggles a little.
- He is very stubborn! If we don't get him what he wants when he wants it he doesn't get upset, he just makes us wait until he decides to take it. Usually it's his bottle and he will purse his little lips until he decides he is ready. It's so funny!
- Davin has the biggest feet and longest toes of any newborn I have ever seen! His feet don't really fit in any of his newborn clothes (even though the clothes themselves are a little big because he is so small!) and his toes curl around your finger. It's so cute!! Someday he will grow into those feet.
We are so blessed to have this sweet little guy in our family! We love him so much!!
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
When we first got out of the car we got all geared up and Brayden made a mad dash to the top of the small hill we had claimed. He immediately sank to his thighs in the snow but he continued on his trek. Once at the top of the hill the cold hit him and he ran back down yelling about how he hated the snow because it was too cold. As soon as he got to the bottom he sat down, in the snow, and proceeded to take his shoes and his socks off because he had snow in them. (Brayden HATES having things in his shoes!) It took a few minutes to talk him into putting his shoes back on and just dealing with the cold so he could have fun. He finally did! It took everything in me to not laugh out loud at him (I know, meanest mom ever!!) but it was so funny! After a few minutes he joined in the fun and had a blast. While he was trying to decide if he really did want to play or sit in the car Tarell and Landon had taken the sleds to the top of the hill and were already having so much fun. In the end we all had a great time and can't wait for next year. Next year I can sled too!!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Today we found out that he is approximately 4 lbs and 11 oz and right on target and he has been doing somersaults and is now head up (first time ever!!)! It looks like he will be a little bigger than Brayden but I also think the doc will let this guy stay in-utero a little longer than Brayden did. We got some cute pics (unfortunately our scanner isn't working though!) that showed him sucking his thumb. We also saw that he has huge pinchable cheeks and a ton of hair! He has a very similar profile to Brayden so we are pretty sure they will look alike, but we will see. We just can't wait to see and hold this little guy.
I asked the nurse practitioner today when she thought we might expect to be induced, assuming I would be based on the other doctors thoughts. She didn't seem to think that I will need inducing early at all, which is kind of disappointing for me - this bedrest is getting old!! One doctor told me that she wanted to induce me around 34 weeks, another said around 35 or 36 weeks, another said keep cooking until 39 weeks, and then today not at all. Oh well, I just want him to be healthy. I would like to be induced though - the thought of just going into labor kind of scares me. With Brayden I was induced at 35 weeks and once my water broke I pushed twice and he was out within 20 minutes. If that happens with this one we are in trouble because we are about 30 minutes from the hospital. Oh well, I'm sure there is a U-Tube video we could watch to figure out how to deliver this baby in the car if necessary, right??
We can't wait for this little guy to make his appearance, no matter when or how, which could be anytime betweek 1-6 weeks. He is so loved already and will definitely need to be ready for lots of attention